chrismavergames <at> gmail <dot> com
Cochrane Collaboration, Freiburg, Germany: Director of Web Development
- Manage worldwide web development for Cochrane entity sites including the Collaboration’s flagship site, cochrane.org.
- Manage a team of deveopers and content editors in developing a multilingual web platform using the Drupal CMS that supports more than 100 websites worldwide.
- Coordinate information architecture, enterprise architecture and Web 2.0 technologies and semantic web/linked data inititatives.
Jan. 2006 – Oct. 2006
British Library, London, UK: Metadata Librarian, Archival Sound Recording digitisation project
- Process and archive digitised sound files in mp3 format by applying metadata and segmentation information for inclusion in the library’s JISC-funded Archival Sound Recordings project: http://sounds.bl.uk.
- Participate in planning and implementation meetings in order to improve processes and workflows in the fulfillment of the project.
March 2003 – Nov. 2005
New York City College of Technology - CUNY, Brooklyn, NY: Multimedia Resources Librarian/Director of Multimedia Services and Webmaster
- Oversaw operations to develop, maintain and provide access to the multimedia collections including cataloguing of all non-print materials.
- Served as webmaster of the library’s website including coordinating the purchasing of new tools and technologies.
- Served as subject specialist in the fields of biology, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, music, physics, and performing arts.
- Managed a project to digitize a collection of LPs and provide access to these recordings.
Jan. 2000 – March 2003
Time Magazine, Research Center, New York, NY: Research Assistant
- Indexed and performed quality control on articles from Time Inc. publications for in-house and online databases.
- Managed a project to provide additional tagging of XML-formatted metadata and online support for articles published on Fortune.com.
- Coordinated copyright and electronic rights protection efforts.
- Assisted writers and editors at various publications with research using an array of online and print resources.
May 1999 – Dec. 1999
Fortune Magazine, New York, NY: Editorial Assistant
- Managed the editing and proofreading of materials for the Fortune Global Forum in Shanghai, China.
- Acted as liaison with conference producers and editors on-site in Shanghai.
June 1998 – April 1999
CNN, Turner Broadcasting, Atlanta, GA: Contracts Coordinator
- Developed and maintained a tracking database for legal contracts between Turner and its cable affiliates.
- Coordinated with chief legal counsels to address contractual issues.
June – Aug. 2002
Columbia University, Butler Library Preservation Department,
- Performed basic repairs on books, maps and other ephemera.
- Prepared and scanned rare documents for inclusion in a digital library project.
- Trained in using equipment such as an ultrasonic welder and a de-acidification bath.
June 1998 – April 1999
New York University, New York, NY
- Attended summer institute entitled “Managing Electronic Resources for Your Library.”
Sept. 2000 – Aug. 2002
Long Island University, Palmer School of Library and Information Science, NYU/Brookville, NY
- Selected courses: Metadata Description and Access, Subject Analysis, Preservation, Rare Books, and others.
- Degree: Master of Science in Library and Information Science.
Sept. 1992 – Dec. 1996
University of Georgia, Athens, GA
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts in English; Minors in Music and French.
French (very good);
German (very good).
Proficient in Mac OS and Windows environments; web development in Dreamweaver; Drupal CMS; Photoshop, Logic, audio and video editing; Metadata standards (Dublin Core) and XML; Semantic Web standards (RDF, RDFs, OWL); knowledge of PHP, JSP and other server-side technologies.